Ready, set, let’s kick-it! In association with the American Foot Golf League (AFGL), Bergen Golf Course has opened the first FootGolf Course in town. FootGolf is one of the fastest growing international sports. It is a precision sport that is a combination of soccer and golf, however the rules largely correspond to the rules of golf. The (soccer) ball is kicked rather than struck with a club and the holes are 21 inch diameter cups.
At Bergen Golf Course, our 9-Hole Course is set up to accommodate 18 holes of footgolf. It takes approximately two hours to play.
Why Play FootGolf?
• Anyone Can Do it!
• All you need are athletic shoes… we can rent you the ball
• It’s great exercise that the whole family can do together
• It’s FUN!
Call Bergen Golf Course for Tee Times 217-753-6211 | We encourage to reserve a tee-time, walk-ins may incur a wait time and rental balls are based on availability. FootGolfers must be 12 years or older to play without supervision. Children ages 6-11 must play with someone over 18 with on-course supervision
Rate: $8 Adult | $6 Child (6-17)
Group/Outings: call for rate | outings must bring their own soccer balls
Ball Rental: $3
Golf Cart Rental: $7.50/per rider
How to Play FootGolf
Played with a regulation #5 soccer ball (the best ball for footgolf), the basic footgolf rules are like those of golf: the first shot at each hole has to be taken from the tee, and players must play past the usual array of bunkers, trees and hills. FootGolfers are expected to abide by the rules of the hosting course, including dress code and appropriate shoes.
Adapting an existing golf course for footgolf isn’t as difficult as it might seem. FootGolf fairways run parallel to existing golf layouts (18 holes of FootGolf can be played in about the same time as nine holes of traditional golf) and the big 21-inch footgolf holes are typically placed in the rough or near undesirable hazards like sand traps, so it’s rare for players of the two games to come into contact – or conflict – with each other.
There are 10 basic rules to FootGolf:
• Wear golf apparel all the time.
• Your ball must be easy to identify.
• Review the scorecard and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
• The ball must be played in a single movement. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before the kick.
• Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. (It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind).
• Kick off your ball from a position up to two meters behind the round markers (tee markers). – The order is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will be the first to kick off on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
• Play the ball from where it lies: It’s not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. – Exception: You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other players kick or ball in any way.
• The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
• If the ball lands in a water hazard, retrieve or replace it within two steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the water, receiving one penalty point, or you can place the ball at the position of the previous kick and receive one penalty point.
• Only on the greens may the balls be picked up to be cleaned or replaced. – Regardless of the distance from the hole, the hole must be completed. ‘Giving’ to the opponent is not allowed.
Book Your FootGolf Birthday Party with Us!
Come try this exciting NEW Sport…
Party Includes –
• FootGolf for 8 guests and either the Party Deck or the Party Room
• Minimum fee for 8 guests, Maximum participants 16
• Each additional guest past 8 will incur a $10 add-on fee per guest
• Soccer Balls for all participants to play FootGolf
• FootGolf Instruction card and guide from the first tee
• Birthday reservations are welcome to bring their own refreshments and cake
FootGolf Birthday Party Days | Times
Friday, Saturday and Sundays 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Only one party reservation per day. Reservations based on availability and are first come first serve.
For More Info Call Bergen Golf Course at 217-753-6211
Online reservations coming soon!